Monday, December 12, 2005

Tim Tate

My work deals primarily with memory, healing, loss and history. I use this structure as a framework that holds the meanings of my pieces. While I spend a great amount of time building each work’s content long before it is actually produced, I also allow for further interpretation. Each viewer is encouraged to bring to these pieces his or her own experiences, attitudes, and culture. The melding of intended and unintended, expected and unexpected, the individual and unique interpretations of each piece and what it has to say to each viewer is what I hope occurs.
Many who are affected by my work have suffered losses of their own. This loss offers a window into my work and hopefully aid in healing that viewer. Producing them has aided in healing my losses. This is the motivator behind much of my work.

No comments: